Sales Associate position available at The Denver Folklore Center
Retail sales position at a well-established music store in south-central Denver; anticipated 30-35 hoursweek. The ideal candidate will have retail sales experience
along with some knowledge of fretted instruments andor experience with music instruction or performance. In addition, experience with a retail Point of Sale system is desirable as is experience with website management and high-level social media skills.
This is a team-oriented sales environment. We seek someone with…
- An upbeat, positive attitude with customers and fellow employees
- A clean, neat appearance and a commitment to punctuality
- The ability to follow directions, work independently and accept constructive criticism
- Learning extensive inventory, including features and construction styles of instruments as they relate to player needs
- Inventory control, interacting with vendors, stocking and managing back stock
- Unpacking and checking in shipments of new instruments, books and accessories
- Tuning, cleaning and restringing instruments
- Sales of instruments, books and accessories (e.g. strings, capos, picks, music stands)
- Responding to inquiries in person, by phone and email regarding our products, basic repair and maintenance information
- Lifting up to 25 pounds without assistance
- Frequent bending, twisting and reaching
- Verifying printed and hand-written information, often in small print
- Climbing and descending stairs frequently, often while carrying bulky items
Compensation starts at $14.00 per hour. Performance assessments at one month, three months
and annually thereafter. Ninety day probationary period with promotion to Instrument Specialist
and increased hourly pay anticipated based upon satisfactory performance review.
Paid vacation based on length of employment.
Applicants should email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone applications